Wednesday 13 February 2013

Illustration Friday - Storm

Rainy street scene in blue.
'Rain, rain go away' is my entry for this week's Illustration Friday topic 'Storm'.

This was an illustration that I originally produced as a student years ago. I liked the idea behind it, but was never quite satisfied with the outcome. So when I saw that this week's word was storm I thought it was the perfect opportunity to give it a make over. The aim was to make an image just using tones of blue. I may have cheated a bit though and added in a touch of purple!

Below is the original image, to me, it has never quite looked finished. I'm much happier with my reworking of it, so much so I think I might try turning it into a bag for my Etsy shop!


So that's my bit of recycling done for today! 
Let me know what you think!



1 comment:

  1. Helen, this is the perfect image for the UK at the moment! I like the reworking it has given your illustration much more movement.

    ReplyDelete