Sunday 27 January 2013

Handmade Three Seagulls Lino Print.

Lino print of 3 seagulls in blue

This lino print was created with this week's Illustration Friday topic of 'Wings' in mind. 

The main part of the image is a hand pulled lino print. The background has then been added digitally. Below is an image showing the carved lino that was used to create the print and one of the original prints. 

Carved lino and print of Seagulls in blue

The beauty of lino printing is that once you have carved the lino the hard work is done. Then you get to have some fun and print from it as many times as you like giving you the freedom to experiment with different colours/papers, techniques etc. I'm definitely not finished playing with this plate yet!

5 comments:

  1. I loved doing lino printing when I was at Uni, unfortunately I don't really have access to the printing press anymore. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice print! You touched on one of my favorite parts of printmaking of any kind, the freedom to experiment with the plate. Also what I like about digital work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful movement in this. Printing is so satisfying unfortunately I don't do any at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lino cuts! Now there's a cool thing I don't know much about at all! Very cool image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful image! So much fun to play around with lino!

    ReplyDelete