Saturday 8 December 2012

Explore

Family going on holiday
 This week's Illustration Friday topic is 'Explore' so I thought I'd post an illustration that I think fits the bill. 

It's taken from a series of three Holiday themed children's activity books. I'll post them below. The covers feature the same family on holiday exploring the world in various modes of transport. I tried to keep them linked together by using a similar colour palette throughout. They were sold packaged together so needed a unified look.

Family on a planeFamily on a ship

The aeroplane cover was eventually changed, at the publishers request, to be a plane flying over green fields. I, however, still prefer the snowy mountains version so that's the one I'm sharing with you today!



4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Wonderful use of color and fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style Helen. Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those characters are having a blast on their road trip. And I'm with the one day dreaming of palm trees. So cute.

    ReplyDelete